Silver Sky Festival
22 July, 2022 - 24 July, 2022
Join us at Silver Sky Festival — a glorious weekend of workshops, drumming, fires, dancing and so much more.
Festival-goers from Woman Within, The ManKind Project, A Band of Brothers, Women in Power and other brother/sister organisations will connect in celebratory space, we will dance beneath stars to our Silver Sky band and encircle bonfires with song, ritual and spoken word.
Inspired to mark the 25th silver anniversary of Woman Within in the UK, Silver Sky Festival ensures to be a celebration to remember–
Come join the party!
You are warmly invited — take a look at our flyer . . .
Where is the festival and where do I sleep?
This magical summer celebration is set on the grounds of Felden Lodge in Hertfordshire HP3 0BB.
- Choose to book an indoor room or sleep adjacent to woodland in tents.
- We also welcome camper vans or you can book local accommodation and attend with a weekend ticket only.
- Day tickets are also available, for those who cannot attend the full event.
When do I arrive and what’s on?
Silver Sky Festival‘s opening ceremony launches at 6pm on Friday, 22nd July.
Attendees can arrive at Felden Lodge from 2pm to set up tents, meet & greet others, walk the grounds and relax before festivities begin.
- Following Friday evening’s communal meal, music and drumming will raise the energy around our bonfire circle–expect a visual treat to light the night sky!
- Workshops delivered by men and women begin Saturday morning and run all day. These are bookable when you arrive to Felden and are included in your festival ticket. A programme outlining SSF‘s workshops and activities will be emailed in advance of the weekend.
- Under the expansive marquee, our brilliant band takes the stage Saturday night after dinner–the dance floor is then all yours!
- Begin your Sunday with yoga or a strong coffee or perhaps a much-needed lie-in before workshops begin.
- You may choose to browse the community art space, share your own professional work with others in our meet-and-greet space, where we encourage guests to leave business cards and flyers, or take a grounding walk through the adjacent woodlands.
- Our closing ceremony is at 3pm Sunday.
Do I book festival tickets and accommodation separately?
Silver Sky offers both indoor accommodation and camping on the grounds of Felden Lodge. Details and pricing can be found here.
- Bedroom bookings include weekend event tickets. These packages are variably priced.
- Guests sleeping in tents or camper vans will have access to showers and toilets. The cost of these pitches do not include weekend event tickets so these must be paid for separately.
- If you wish to sleep offsite in nearby B&Bs/hotels, you can purchase a weekend event ticket only.
- Weekend event tickets are £40 for the two days.
- Free entry for children under 16, when accompanied by an event-purchasing adult.
Please note that profits from this event will be distributed on a pro rata basis across all communities represented. On our booking page you will be prompted to select which organisation you wish to benefit.
Is this festival suitable for families?
Children are very welcome!
An engaging arts/crafts/sports children’s area will be incorporated into our Silver Sky celebration venue, where parents who want to join in a workshop can sign their children into that space and be looked after by women in our community. Bookings are taken on the day.
Bring my own food?
Silver Sky is a self-catering weekend where guests can choose to purchase (vegan and non-vegan) food and drink from our onsite catering carts and/or bring their own provisions. We will have limited kitchen space where microwaves, fridges and other food prep needs will be available.
Friday evening will be our abundant community meal–we encourage guests to bring a dish to share with others. It would be wonderful to see people sharing food so we suggest arranging meals to share between friends in advance of the weekend.
Bring anything else?
- A drum, rattle or instrument, if you want to join in the music-making!
- Please bring food/drink and your camping supplies. If you have booked indoor accommodation, sheets and towels are provided.
- July can be gloriously sunny but also unpredictable so pack warm/wet weather clothing and footwear.
- Also, you may wish to bring a water-bottle, notebook, torch, hat, comfy clothes, yoga mat, camping chair or any other items you feel would bring comfort and enrichment to your weekend experience.
- We will also be providing space for attendees to share business cards/flyers if they wish to liaise professionally with others so, if you have such biz info, please pack that too.
Made a booking but have not heard from the festival team?
- An automated message from email@example.com will be sent to the email address you have provided when you submit your ticket/accommodation form via this website.
- You will then also receive communication from Silver Sky to confirm details, issue tickets and invite any questions you may have.
- A festival information pack, including a detailed list of workshops being offered, will be emailed in June 2022.
We are aware that sometimes comms redirect to junk mail so, if you have made a booking and not heard from us, please check this folder or email us directly.
Need more info?
This promises to be a wonderfully abundant weekend of ritual, honouring, joyful connection and celebration.
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.